Interface Bulletproof FTP has an easy to use interface that users appreciate. The Server information is located on the left where you will see detailed information about the server itself. The toolbar runs along the top and allows you to choose what task you want to complete. When you select a specific task, it will display in the main area. There are sub-menus that can be accessed from that main area display. The bottom of the interface has a small box/area where users can view error messages. This area can be resized to fit your specific preferences or you can remove it completely.
Installing Bulletproof FTP is easy and one of the thingsusers like most about it Choose from Full or Custom installation. If you choose Full installation you will havethree components:
· The main program
· Help files
· Windows service support
Any combination of the three components is considered custom installation. The last step of installation allows you to choose an auto Windows Firewall Rule rather than having to make the settings yourself at a later time.
Bulletproof FTP Server can run with Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
Pros of Bulletproof FTP
· Create accounts with specifically chosen rights
· Create groups with special features/allowances
· Keep track of users actions
· Keep track of file activities (including files downloaded, uploaded, and edited)
· Protect server from Brute Force attacks
· Easy to use interface and installation
Cons of Bulletproof FTP
· Improvement could be applied to the interface. Although it is simple, it is a bit outdated and could be made easier for modern usage.
· Small bugs and glitches that could be updated and removed
If you’re looking for an easy to use, secure FTP server with plenty of features, Bulletproof FTP Server is an excellent choice. The only drawback we noted was the outdated interface and even that was mild. We found the software easy to use, easy to install and very secure.